IJMB means Interim Joint Matriculation Board is an Advanced Level (A’level) 9-month programme being supervised, run and moderated by Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. IJMB was setup to serve as an alternative method of gaining 200level admission into tertiary institution in Nigeria via Direct Entry (D.E) form.
IJMB/ JUPEB A’level programme is approved by Nigerian University Commission (NUC) and it covers numerous aspect of disciplines i.e Medicine, Engineering, Law, Accounting, Business Administration, Mass comm., Linguistics ETC. You can see the list of Nigerian universities that accept IJMB into 200 level. Normally, IJMB is supposed to be 10 months program, but since students are not going to resume at the same time, hence we have students who only ended up spending between 7 months and 5 months throughout the IJMB programme.
Since time has nothing to do with your result but your seriousness, and IJMB is not for the brilliants students but for the determined heart who is ready to sacrifice time and energy with his/her books, it is going to be a success all the way. While we do not want to make a jest of the exam, we must say that the exam is not that difficult as being portrayed by many people, is just that the interested candidates need to sit tight to pass the IJMB/ JUPEB exams. We must tell you this, we have seen a student who started February while the exam was going to be May in 2009, and he got 14 points out of the 16 points obtainable in total, a science student for that matter.
It crucial to note that the issue of lecturers is another distinctive selling point at Cisse Educational Services (CES). All lecturers at CES are professional in their respective disciplines and they are trained with a unique method of teaching that could help enhance effectiveness and efficiency in their respective classes.
IJMB/ JUPEB allows you to choose three courses/subjects that are related to what you want to study at the university of your choice. The highest point for each course is five(5) points, which is denoted by A. That is, all the three courses will have fifteen (15) points in total, with an addition of one (1) if in the three courses/subjects you don’t have F(fail) which stands for 0 points. Making a total of sixteen points (16) altogether.
Point Being Given In IJMB
A = 5 courses/subjects
B = 4 points
C = 3 points
D = 2 points
E = 1 points
F = 0 points
For you to be considered as being passed in IJMB/ JUPEB exam you must score a minimum of 5 points in total i,e EDE stands for (1+2+1) which is five (5) points.
Why IJMB Is Better Than Other Programs
It is worthy to notes, that before JAMB/UTME comes to existence, IJMB was only the tool used to gain admission then, ask many professors and elite about this they will confirm it to you. The same problem facing other sectors in Nigeria have a huge effect on Nigeria education sector, hence, you find few people that only know little about IJMB/ JUPEB this days.
Advantages IJMB/JUPEB Have Over JAMB And Other Programmes
1. The IJMB result does not expire, unlike your JAMB that is only for a year.
2. You can use it over and over again
3. You can still be doing it and apply for JAMB if you want to kill two birds with a stone
4. You will have higher PGD in your university as is going to be divided by 3years, not four years like others who used JAMB.
5. You have more advantages of being admitted unlike those who process admission through JAMB since IJMB/JUPEB students are very fewer in ratio.
6. I have came across with many educated parents that told me, if my children doesn’t use IJMB / JUPEB result to gain admission into university, it doesn’t really bother them because the knowledge alone is satisfactory to prepare their children intellectual capability in order to be fit to withstand the challenging academic system in the university not to talk of the 200level admission opportunity